IAJ Listserve Subscription (e-signature below)
IAJ's Board of Governors consistently ranks our listserves as one the top benefits of membership. Members who regularly use the listserve refer to it as "being part of the largest law firm in the state." We offer four unique listserves, and eligibility requirements are strictly enforced. Subscribers can customize their listserve settings to either receive each listserve post in real time (this is the most popular option), receive a single daily summary of all listserve posts, or access/post to the listserve exclusively through the IAJ website.
Please closely review our eligibility requirements below and consider signing up for one or more of IAJ's listserves.
- To be eligible for the IAJForum listserve you must maintain "Regular Membership" in IAJ. (Meaning, over the past 12 months, the defense of personal injury, workers’ compensation, or employment litigation – or performing trial consulting, expert work, or any other work for the defense – does not represent the majority of your individual practice in either time, caseload, or income.)
- To be eligible for the IAJWorkComp listserve you must maintain "Regular Membership" in IAJ AND pay $50 annual IAJ Work Comp Section dues AND you cannot represent employers and/or insurance carriers in the defense of any workers' compensation cases.
- To be eligible for the IAJCrimLaw listserve you must maintain "Regular Membership" in IAJ AND pay $50 annual IAJ Criminal Defense Trial Lawyers Section dues AND you cannot do any criminal prosecution work for any public entity (other than simple misdemeanor prosecution by contract with a city attorney’s office, provided this is not your main source of income).
- All IAJ members are eligible for the IAJFamilyLaw listserve, free of charge.
Subscribers must read all listserve rules (full rules here) and agree to abide by them, including the following new responsibility for all IAJForum subscribers:
- If I am defending a personal injury, workers’ compensation, or employment case – or performing trial consulting, expert work, or any other work for the defense – where any lawyer representing the plaintiff is a member of the Iowa Association for Justice, I agree to notify that IAJ member in writing (promptly upon being retained) that I subscribe to the IAJForum listserve. This is a necessity to avoid any unintentional sharing of case information with opposing counsel. I can contact IAJ staff at 515-280-7366, email@example.com, or search the online membership directory to confirm whether opposing counsel is an IAJ member.
** Click here to read the full IAJ Listserve Rules & Agreement before signing the Agreement. **