IAJ 2020 Listserve Agreement (e-signature below)
You must sign this agreement annually to continue participating in any IAJ listserve. Please note that this agreement has been recently updated. In signing this agreement, you will be affirmatively representing that you qualify for all of the IAJ listserves to which you subscribe, and you will be affirming that you have read and agree to abide by all the IAJ listserve rules and procedures
- To be eligible for the IAJForum listserve you must maintain "Regular Membership" in IAJ. (Meaning, over the past 12 months, the defense of personal injury, workers’ compensation, or employment litigation – or performing trial consulting, expert work, or any other work for the defense – does not represent the majority of your individual practice in either time, caseload, or income.)
- To be eligible for the IAJWorkComp listserve you cannot represent employers and/or insurance carriers in the defense of workers' compensation cases.
- To be eligible for the IAJCrimLaw listserve you cannot do any criminal prosecution work for any public entity (other than simple misdemeanor prosecution by contract with a city attorney’s office, provided this is not your main source of income).
- All IAJ members are eligible for the IAJFamilyLaw listserve.
Users must read all listserve rules (full rules here) and agree to abide by them, including the following new responsibility for all IAJForum subscribers:
- If I am defending a personal injury, workers’ compensation, or employment case – or performing trial consulting, expert work, or any other work for the defense – where any lawyer representing the plaintiff is a member of the Iowa Association for Justice, I agree to notify that IAJ member in writing (promptly upon being retained) that I subscribe to the IAJForum listserve. This is a necessity to avoid any unintentional sharing of case information with opposing counsel. I can contact IAJ staff at 515-280-7366, email@example.com, or search the online membership directory to confirm whether opposing counsel is an IAJ member.
** Click here to read the full 2020 IAJ Listserve Rules & Agreement before signing the Agreement. **